The field dealing with the prevention and treatment of malocclusion and maxillofacial defects with children, adolescents and adults. The treatment is carried out by a specialist orthodontist, it affects not only the proper interdental relations, but also the proportions of the lower and middle sections of the face. Orthodontics is called maxillary orthopedics.
A smile changes everything
Braces are used to restore proper, physiological occlusion between the jaw and mandible(jaw), align and properly position the teeth in the dental arches, and treat malocclusion. There are mobile and fixed braces. They are applied according to the patient’s defect.
AMobile apparatus (braces):
Is recommended for children between 4 and 12 years of age, when replacing milk teeth with the permanent teeth. It is made of an acrylic plate, clamps and wire arches, fitted to the teeth.
Fixed apparatus (braces):
Is recommended for adolescents and adults, for permanent teeth. It allows you to correct defects that are more serious than mobile braces. It is made of locks and rings that are attached to the enamel with a special glue. It is attached to them with ligatures commonly called “rubber bands”, a springy wire that exerts a constant, precisely defined force on the teeth. The length of wearing such braces depends on the defect. Among the fixed appliances, there are: aesthetic braces (ceramic, crystal) and metal braces (titanium, nickel).
There are also cosmetic braces available (made of white porcelain or synthetic sapphire), which can be treated by patients as a kind of jewelry.
Types of fixed apparatuses (braces):
- the most commonly used
- They are divided into devices with traditional and ‘mini’ braces,that is smaller than the previous ones (especially recommended for people with small teeth)
- for allergic patients, they are made of titanium alloys
they can be divided into groups according to translucency:
- ceramic, composite-ceramic or porcelain (less translucent)
- sapphire or crystal (more transparent) intended for people who want to reduce the braces visibility as much as possible
- ligatures are not used in this apparatus, because the arch is kept in the lock by means of a special ‘flap’ which is in it
- locks can be metal and aesthetic
- treatment time with self-ligaturating braces is often shorter than standard lingual braces
- Locks for this type of device are made individually for each patient in a specialized laboratory, based on previously taken impression
- locks are made of gold with the addition of iridium and glued to the lingual surface of the teeth
What is Invisalign?
Beauty and aesthetics
Your confidence. Your appearance. Your Life. Thanks to Invisalign, having a dream smile is no longer a problem. What is more, it requires almost no sacrifices in everyday life.
Invisalign straightens teeth with a set of transparent, replaceable aligners that are made to order – especially for your teeth. Each aligner will be replaced every two weeks so that your teeth gradually move to the right place – day by day and millimeter by millimeter.
Invisalign aligners – convenient, transparent and easy to remove. It’s a new smile without sacrifice. Over 3 million people have already discovered Invisalign.
Do you want to have a new, more fabulous smile?
Is the Invisalign method right for you?
Invisalign® is a method of treating various, simple and complex malocclusions that require straightening of teeth. Regardless of the specific problem, the result of each therapy is a new, more beautiful smile that you will be happy to show to others.